St. Paul’s Wesleyan Church Historic Preservation

Oxford, Maryland

This historic chapel, built in 1852, with 1882 addition was heavily damaged by fire and in need of rehabilitation. Restoration included a complete reconstruction of the steeple and replacement of the entire floor and framing system. Extensive restoration, alterations to add a handicap accessibility ramp as well as replacement of interior finishes were also required. The project received a 2009 Heritage award for from Talbot County Historic Society for the restoration work.